Wednesday, June 27, 2007

My Naperville shoe store sucks!

I bought a pair of running shoes at some department store... let's just say it was Kohl's because I would never buy them at an expensive place. So at Kohl's, I paid about $60 and they threw in a free bottle of Michael Jordan cologne! Oooh what a deal. It was a manufacturer promo, so you'd think that the free cologne would be available everywhere the shoes are sold, right? Well...

After buying the shoes I was like, wait a minute, I own a shoe store in downtown Naperville! I should have just bought the shoes there to (a) save me money, and (b) score a sale for the register. I went to my shoe store and got the same pair of shoes, but when my employee rang me up it was $200 and no free cologne. WTF?? No way was I forking over $200 (even to my own business), and I asked the girl about the cologne. Not only was she clueless, she also didn't give a shit.

At that point, I started to talk about how it's important to know the promos and whether or not we should lower prices. Then my brain somehow realized how incredibly boring this dream was getting and it kicked me into a weird game of Starcraft where my base was about 2 feet from the other guy's and I was going around trying to make cannons. Still not the most exciting dream, but at least it wasn't a lame retail store meeting.

(On the plus side, the two girls working at my store were pretty hot. Not exactly Sports Illustrated bikini material, but more like Girls-Gone-Wild hot.)

No comments: