Tuesday, June 19, 2007

NCHS at the airport

You know how your dreams sometimes blend together and you're not sure if you had one dream that skipped to different locations or if you had a few different dreams? I had one of those last night.

Part of it involved my friend Eric who was trying to figure out where his wife works so that he could call her. Flash forward to a cruise ship where someone was asking me if I was interested in shooting a fish with a gun (trust me, I wasn't).

The biggest chunk of dream that I remember was at an airport. I was picking up my car... not sure if I had just gotten off a plane or not... and I ran into Steve Forsythe. Steve and I met in 2nd grade at Steeple Run when my family first moved to Naperville (ok, we really lived in Lisle), and we went to the same schools all the way up to high school at NCHS.

So Steve and I started walking, and then he ran into someone else he knew.. not sure who, though. Walked some more and he found Kim Redmond, a girl from Naperville Central! And Kim was looking HOT. Back in the day, Kim was the resident Hot Blonde. Every class has one, and Kim Redmond was it for the class of '89. In case you're wondering... no, she wasn't a bitch. She was actually really nice.

So Steve, Kim, and I started walking out of the airport to a hotdog stand and suddenly I realized that I didn't need a hotdog, I needed to get my car. In order to do that I had to take my claim check to a guy and pay him. So I ditched the high school people and tried to run to the parking guy but I could only run really slowly. It was like the pavement was a treadmill or something because I couldn't go very fast no matter how hard I tried.

Somewhere along the way I found a very shiny quarter and picked it up, and then I finally got to the place to pay for parking. Steve was there and he said something about Las Vegas and eating nothing but a can of beans, and then I finally gave the parking guy my claim check.

After that, the dream transitioned into something else entirely but I'm not sure what. I think it had something to do with the environment.

For a first dream, this was pretty lame... unless your name is Steve Forsythe or Kim Redmond (in which case it might be a little creepy). Sorry about that.

No comments: