Thursday, August 23, 2007

The world's coolest boat

My dad had a sailboat back in the 90s, and I was inside the cabin just laying around. The boat was drifting aimlessly around Lake Michigan around all the harbors, and then it started to collide with other boats that were docked. I don't think my dad knew that I was in his boat, so I had to try and keep it from getting damaged.

I got out and looked around, and the sailboat wasn't a sailboat anymore, it was one of those Hobie-Cat things, yet somehow it still had a cabin. When I tried to go back inside, the vessel had turned into a hybrid boat/seaplane and I accidentally flipped the engines on! Oops. So I was in this sailboat/hobie/seaplane, and I was kind of panicking because I didn't know how to land the thing. The boat plane went airborne on its own and I started flying around looking for a good place to try and land without dying.

I called my dad from the plane and started to explain what was going on, but in the course of doing so I landed the boat plane safely and was taxiing through traffic near the lake. The plane's wings were folded up like the old planes on WWII-era aircraft carriers, and that was that.

1 comment:

EVK4 said...

I nominated this for one of the top ten sailing posts of 2007 over at Proper Course. Hope you don't mind. I found it by randomly googling coolest boat in the world. I was hoping my boat would be the response.